Kid-Approved in Wrightwood
- Get ice cream, candy, or homemade fudge at AppleWood Court
- Browse the large kids section at Beverly's Books, which also has occasional kids events.
- Go on a hike (the hardware store can recommend one that's age appropriate)
- Ski, snowboard, and go tubing at Mountain High.
- Sled, make a snowman or snow angel, have a snowball fight.
- Sip hot cocoa at the Village Grind
- Walk around the neighborhood and enjoy the snow and Christmas lights in winter, or the flowers in the spring, or the colorful trees in the fall.
- Experience the thrill of ziplining, rappelling, and rope bridges at Big Pines Ziplines (for the older kids).
- Explore the Wrightwood History Museum to learn about the local history of skiing, firefighting, mining, and more.
- Play Disc Golf (Frisbee golf) at Mountain High North, rated in the top 25 in the nation and ranked #3 for its scenery.
- Play at the park, skate at the skate park.
- Hunt for treasures at Vintage Antiques and Oddities. Shop for souvenirs at Cabin Fever, Something Old Something New, and the other fun shops in town.
- Swim, raft, and do the rope swing at Jackson Lake
- Go to the library, with a kids play area, book readings, and craft times.
- Buy Fresh at the Wrightwood Farmers Market every Friday, 4-7pm
- Attend a festival or event like Mountaineer Days, Mountain Classic Car Show, Amgen Bike Tour, Chili Cook Off, Parade of Lights and Thanksgiving Weekend events, Snowboard and Ski Competitions at Mountain High, live music, and more.
- Get up close to big cats and other wild beasts at the Forever Wild animal sanctuary in nearby Phelan.
And the best thing of all, you can just kick back at the cabin! Depending on which cabin you're renting, options include the following:
- Play in the yard, swing in a hammock, make s'mores by the fireplace, play a board game, watch one of the kids movies or kids channels, play with our Legos, Barbies, and other toys, ride our bikes, use our sleds, play the Gamecube or Nintento, bake some cookies together, read a book (we have some for all ages), draw a picture and write about your stay in our Guestbook. Have fun!